This is the famous NodeMCU which is based on ESP8266 WiFi SoC. This is version 3 and it is based on ESP-12E (An ESP8266 based WiFi module). NodeMCU is also an open-source firmware and development kit that helps you to prototype your IoT(Internet of Things) product within a few LUA script lines, and of course you can always program it with Arduino IDE.
Note: In case you are looking for alternative NodeMCU compatible boards, here are some others:
- NodeMCU V2 Doit ESP12E (Narrow) – Narrow width, perfect for breadboard
- Wemos D1 Mini ESP8266 Dev Board – More compact
As the width of this NodeMCU is 30mm, covering the entire holes on breadboard, so we do recommend getting the Base board for it to ease the protoyping. The base board comes with many extended header pins for the GPIO and also power line.
- Low cost
- WiFi enabled
- Arduino-like hardware IO
- Advanced API for hardware IO, which can dramatically reduce the redundant work for configuring and manipulating hardware
- Code like Arduino, but interactively in Lua script
- Nodejs style network API
- Event-driven API for network applicaitons, which faciliates developers writing code running on a 5mm*5mm sized MCU in Nodejs style
- Greatly speed up your IoT application developing process
- Lowest cost WiFi
- Less than $2 WiFi MCU ESP8266 integrated and esay to prototyping development kit
- We provide the best platform for IoT application development at the lowest cost
- Input Voltage:
- 3.3V via 3.3V pin
- 5.0V via Vin or USB
The Development Kit based on ESP8266, integates GPIO, PWM, IIC, 1-Wire and ADC all in one board.
- Power your development in the fastest way combinating with NodeMCU Firmware!
- USB-TTL included, plug&play
- 10 GPIO, every GPIO can be PWM, I2C, 1-wire
- PCB antenna
- Schematic & PCB, Source Code, API Documents
- CH34X driver (Please ensure the board is plug in to computer USB port during driver installation)
- Windows (V3.5 Mar2019)
- Mac OS (V1.5 Mar2019)
- Linux (V1.5 Mar2019) (Normally is readily installed)
- CH34X Driver – Get the latest driver from factory
- Getting Started with NodeMCU V3 by sho8c1rkut
- Getting Started with NodeMCU V3, Arduino ecosystem and PlatformIO IDE by Danila Loginov
- 1 x NodeMCU V3 board
There are no reviews yet.